The mama bear is defending the cubs!
Actress Jada Pinkett Smith took to her Facebook page on Sunday to defend several young stars whose lives have been heavily criticized lately in the media.
“Are we bullying our young artists? … How can we ask for our young stars to have a high level of responsibility if we are not demonstrating that same level of responsibility towards them?” her post to her 3 million followers began. Accompanying the entry was a photo of Rihanna, Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift, and Quvenzhane Wallis.
“This last week, I had to really evaluate the communication in regard to our young artists in the media. I was trying to differentiate cyber-bullying from how we attack and ridicule our young stars through media and social networks,” she continued. “It is as if we have forgotten what it means to be young or even how to behave like good ol’ grown folk. Do we feel as though we can say and do what we please without demonstrating any responsibility simply because they are famous?”
The mom of Jaden, 14, and Willow Smith, 12, then went on to present some examples of who exactly she’s defending. Namely, Bieber, Wallis, and Swift.
“Is it okay to continually attack and criticize a famous 19 year old who is simply trying to build a life, exercise his talents while figuring out what manhood and fame is all about as he carries the weight of supporting his family as well as providing the paychecks to others who depend on him to work so they can feed their families as well? Does that render being called a c—t by an adult male photographer as you try to return to your hotel after leaving the the (sic) hospital? ” Pinkett, 41, wrote in defense of Bieber.
“Or what about our nine year old beautiful Oscar nominee who was referred to as a c—t as well?” she said in reference to Wallis.
“Or what about being a young woman in her early twenties, exploring the intracacies of love and power on the world stage? And should we shame a young woman for displaying a sense of innocence as she navigates through the murky waters of love, heartbreak, and fame?” she wrote, clearly speaking of the lovelorn Swift.
“Are these young people not allowed to be young, make mistakes, grow, and eventually transform a million times before our eyes?” she continued.
“Are we asking them to defy the laws of nature because of who they are? Why can’t we congratulate them for the capacity to work through their challenges on a world stage and still deliver products that keep them on top. We all know how hard it is to keep our head above water, even in the privacy of our own homes let alone on the world stage. Imagine yourself, at their age, with the spotlights, challenges and responsibilities. Most of us would have fallen to the waste side before we could even get to a crashed Ferrari, a controversial romance, several heart breaks, or an Oscar nomination at NINE. We WISH we could have had the capacity to accomplish HALF of what they have accomplished along with ALL these challenges they face. But…maybe THAT’S the problem…we WISH we could have or even…we WISH we could.
- jlynerissa reblogged this from bieber-news
- valejpuffa reblogged this from bieber-news
- flights-of-devils likes this
- just-inbie-ber reblogged this from bieber-news
- an-appealing-url likes this
- xlittlecharming likes this
- caprilista reblogged this from yesimbeyonce
- mrsjustinb94 likes this
- maketheimpossiblehappen likes this
- mr-justindrew-bieber likes this
- blazerxp reblogged this from bieber-news
- unknownepicness reblogged this from bieber-news
- bieber-theboynextdoor reblogged this from bieber-news
- anotherbrokenlostangel reblogged this from bieber-news
- justins-rauhlin reblogged this from bieber-news
- greyslittlediaries reblogged this from andthatlittleblackdress
- greyslittlediaries likes this
- hinabby likes this
- smile-biebs-smile reblogged this from bieber-news
- yjhaveswag likes this
- justin-bieber-updates reblogged this from bieber-news
- wef0undswag likes this
- kaitlinwashere likes this
- monilovaa reblogged this from brittishh
- kimmykimko likes this
- mattwebbbbb likes this
- lilac-dazes likes this
- r-emnant likes this
- hivanderlinden reblogged this from yesimbeyonce
- yea-wtvr reblogged this from bieber-news
- ceciliainfinity reblogged this from youknowthatonewiththehair
- mynotso-strangeaddiction reblogged this from bieber-news
- 11alwaysbelieve likes this
- epicswagomb reblogged this from youknowthatonewiththehair
- negativeflawless likes this
- 1dbeliebercs likes this
- youknowthatonewiththehair reblogged this from bieber-news
- thejustinbieberrf reblogged this from bieber-news
- unflawlesss likes this
- alfredoofloors reblogged this from bieber-news
- bweeegoesrawr likes this
- shehadblondeambition likes this
- my-one-lovee reblogged this from biebersbabee
- ayeesparkxy reblogged this from biebersbabee
- biebersbabee reblogged this from bieber-news
- dudeyougotatattoo likes this
- ellibomb reblogged this from yesimbeyonce
- honeyissticky likes this
- rnadelaine reblogged this from yesimbeyonce
- fangirljazzy reblogged this from bieber-news